Easier Journeys' 20 Most-Loved Travel Quotes
For me, some of the most cherished aspects of travel are dreaming, planning, anticipating, remembering and reflecting on travels to come and travels past.
Perusing funny or fanciful photos we've taken or re-telling tremendous and treasured tales helps us re-live and share moments of awe and wonder, ignite wanderlust and create connection.
In the spirit of travel and in hopes of sparking inspiration or insights for your next journey or adventure, grab a coffee and comfy chair and enjoy my most-loved travel quotes below.
Let me know in the comments what travel dreams the quotes sparked for you or if you have a favourite quote that isn't included.
My 20 Most-Loved Travel Quotes
1. “Travel, for me, is a breathtaking experience. A humbling for the soul and the realization that we're all in this together.” – Michael Holbrook
2. “Not all who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
3. “There is not enough time to do all the nothing we want to do.” – Calvin & Hobbes
4. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you come from with new eyes and extra colours. And the people there see you differently too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett
5. “The more I travelled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
6. “Travel is community and how communities thrive; it’s a collection of experiences, exploration and encounters with incredible people; it connects, challenges, inspires and brings us closer.” – WTTC.org
7. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
8. “With age comes wisdom. With travel comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake
9. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
10. “Dreaming doesn't stop. Let your mind wander. Let's make the most of this layover!” – Unknown
11. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” – Unknown
12. “When a person tires of London, they tire of life.” – Samuel Johnson
13. “A journey is a drink from the fountain of life.” – Christian Friedrich Hebbel
14. “The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life.” – Agnes Reppelier
15. “Remember, happiness is a way of travel not a destination.” – Roy Goodman
16. “So travel for me is an act of discovery and of responsibility as well a grand adventure and a constant liberation.” – Pico Iyer
17. “A person susceptible to wanderlust is not so much addicted to movement as committed to transformation.” – Pico Iyer
18. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
19. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paolo Coelho
20. “Travel. Your money will return. Your time will not.” - Unknown
Which of these quotes is your favourite? Is your most-loved quote missing?